105 Friendly is one of the latest student apartment complexes to pop up on Hillsborough Street. Finished in August 2016, the 5-story building has just 16 apartments, including a rare find: penthouse units.
105 Friendly’s Building Amenities
All the units have luxury finishes, and there won’t be any carpet. (That means you won’t have to worry about scrubbing stains, spilled candle wax, or anything else off the floor.) Besides its convenient location, the building offers:
- ground-floor retail (Mama Jee, a Thai and sushi restaurant)
- fully furnished apartments
- online rent payment
- 24/7 maintenance
- 24-hour video surveillance
- fob access
- bike storage
Can You Say “Dream Location”?
105 Friendly faces Hangover Grill on Hillsborough Street and sits between Stanhope and Zaxby’s. It’s a relatively quick walk to campus, but good luck if you have an 8 AM English class in Tompkins. At least the route is straight along Hillsborough Street.
GoRaleigh and Wolfline bus stops are close to the building.
Interested in Leasing an Apartment Here?
We’re not in charge of renting out apartments at 105 Friendly, so here’s who you can contact about renting an apartment.
- Website: www.friendlyatncstate.com
- Contact number: 919-578-7191 (TradeMark Residential)
- Contact email: email@example.com
Here’s a Brief Timeline of Its Development
105 Friendly has its 15 minutes of fame on the latest off-campus apartments page for the longest time. But now that it’s move-in ready, it gets its own permanent spotlight.
Quick summary: Plans were submitted back in 2014, and nearly two years later, the building was ready for students. Here’s a timeline of its development. (But if we’re being honest, we just wanted a place to drop all the pictures we had of 105 Friendly’s construction.)
- Rezoning case submitted: February 26th, 2014
- Rezoning approved: June 3rd, 2014
- Plan submitted: September 2nd, 2014
- Plan approved: December 5th, 2014
- Under construction: May 5th, 2015
- Opened: August 2016
There wasn’t a lot of buzz about this building, at least that we heard. It’s in the spot where Greek House Gifts used to be.